Sh. Anurag Thakur
New Delhi-110 001(INDIA)
| Ph – +91-11-23782365
|Fax – +91-11-23782368
|Mob - +91-9868180974
|Email : – email@example.com
SUMMARY OF PERSONAL DETAILS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Father’s Name : Sh. Prem Kumar Dhumal
Date of Birth : 24.10.1974
Qualification : Graduate
• Punjab Ranji Trophy team that won All India Championship
• U-19 cricket team that played against the England team at Delhi and Patiala
• Punjab U-19 cricket team that won all India championship
• Guru Nanak Dev University team that won all India Championship
• Captained North Zone U-19 Cricket team that won all India championship
• Captained Punjab U-16 cricket team that won all India Vijay Merchant Trophy
• The U-19 India Junior Camp at Banglore
ASSOCIATION POSITIONS HELD
1. President, Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association
2. General Secretary, Himachal Pradesh Olympic Association
3. General Secretary, Hockey Himachal
4. Executive Member, India Olympic Association
5. Honorary Joint Secretary, BCCI
• Member of Parliament (M.P) – 14th Lok Sabha (Won by a record Margin)
• Member of Parliament (M.P) – 15th Lok Sabha (Won by a record margin)
• Parliamentary Standing Committee for Transport, Tourism and Culture
• Parliamentary Consultative Committee for Power
• PGI Chandigarh
• BCCI-NSDF Implementation Committee (A joint committee of BCCI and Min. of Sports, Govt. of India
• India-Saudi Arabia Parliamentary Friendship Group
• President : India Lebanon Parliamentary Friendship group.
MAJOR EVENTS PROMOTED
• Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association of which I am the President successfully hosted three day practice match between Pakistan and Board President XI teams held from March 3-5, 2005
• Organized Mohd. Nissar Trophy of the BCCI in HPCA Cricket Stadium at Dharamshala, H.P where champions of India (UPCA) and Pakistan (Sialkot) played a four day match.
• Successfully hosted a four-day match between India “A” and South Africa “A” teams from 19-22 September 2007.
• Successfully hosted 2 IPL matches from IPL Season Three scheduled on 16 & 18 April 2010.
• Successfully led march from Kolkata to Lal Chowk in Srinagar under the banner of “Rashtriya Ekta Yatra” Sponsored by Bhartiya Janta Party (BJP) to unfurl the National Flag at Lal Chowk in Srinagar on 26 January.
DEVELOPMENTAL WORK ACHIEVMENTS
• Built an International Level Cricket Stadium at Dharamshala, H.P with the total investment of approx. more than Rs.80 Crores. This Ultra Modern Cricket Stadium has all the facilities like Gymnasium, Indoor Practice Area and Sauna etc. apart from the World Class Cricket Ground.
• One of the best Indoor Cricket Stadium and rehabilitation centre is under construction with an approximate cost of Rs. 7 Crores
• Planning to build 12 national level cricket stadiums at each district head-quarter with an approx. budget of Rs. 50 crores earmarked for the same in the coming three years.
FEATHER IN THE CAPS
• Unanimous choice for the post of Presidentship of HPCA in July 2000 at a tender age of 25 years.
• Became member of National Junior Selection Committee of BCCI in the year 2001when I was just twenty six and a half year old. I am the proud selector of players like Irfan Pathan, Parthiv Patel, Dinesh Kartik, Suresh Raina, R.P Singh, Piyush Chawla, Robin Uthapa, Ishant Sharma and Rohit Sharma etc.
• Since year 2000, I am the youngest president of any state cricket association affiliated with BCCI.
• Appointed Vice Chairman of National Cricket Academy (NCA) of BCCI along with Mr. Sunil Gavaskar as the Chairman and Mr. Brijesh Patel as the Director.
• Elected Member of Parliament (Lok Sabha, 14th) by winning Hamirpur bye-election with a record margin of 174666 votes.
• Elected Member of Parliament (Lok Sabha, 15th) for the second time winning from the Hamirpur Constituency by a margin of more than 73000 votes.
• Appointed Manager of the Indian Cricket Team that participated in the ICC Champions Trophy held in Sep.-Oct. 2009 at South Africa.
• Appointed National President of Bhartiya Janta Yuva Morcha (BJYM) in June 2010
• Member of the Indian Parliamentary Delegation that attended 124th Asembly of Inter-Parliamentary Union held from 15 – 20 April 2011 in Panama City and actively participated in debates and discussions held throughout.